Literary Birthday – 31 July
Happy Birthday, JK Rowling, born 31 July 1965
12 JK Rowling Quotes
- The most important thing is to read as much as you can, like I did. It will give you an understanding of what makes good writing and it will enlarge your vocabulary.
- Jane Austen is the pinnacle to which all other authors aspire.
- I would like to be remembered as someone who did the best she could with the talent she had.
- I always have a basic plot outline.
- One of my regrets would be that I will never again have the pleasure of sneaking into a cafe, any cafe I like, sitting down and diving into my world and no one knowing what I am doing and no one bothering about me and being totally anonymous, that was fantastic.
- Imagination is not only the uniquely human capacity to envision that which is not, and therefore the fount of all invention and innovation. In its arguably most transformative and revelatory capacity, it is the power that enables us to empathize with humans whose experiences we have never shared.
- The wizards represent all that the true “muggle" most fears: They are plainly outcasts and comfortable with being so. Nothing is more unnerving to the truly conventional than the unashamed misfit!
- In a novel you have to resist the urge to tell everything.
- I can, and do, write all over my house, and many other places besides. I love writing in bed, and I’ve got a favourite chair in our sitting room, where I sometimes go with my laptop if I fancy a change of scene.
- I imagined being a famous writer would be like being like Jane Austen. Being able to sit at home in the parsonage and your books would be very famous and occasionally you would correspond with the Prince of Wales’s secretary.
- No story lives unless someone wants to listen.
- And so rock bottom became the solid foundation on which I rebuilt my life.
Rowling is a British novelist, best known as the author of the Harry Potter fantasy series. The Potter books have sold more than 400 million copies. They have become the best-selling book series in history, and been the basis for a series of films which has become the highest-grossing film series in history.
Source for Image
I already liked Jo. Now even more.